The ingredients below are enough to make 2 thin crusts. Use one half of the dough right away and freeze the other half for your next recipe!
Ingredients for the base (pâte brisée):
250 grams of flour.
125 grams of unsalted butter.
1 tea spoon of crème fraîche (or sour cream if you can't find it) - kat Cold Storage GE Mall ada crème fraîche.
1/2 tea spoon of salt.
1. First sift the flour over a large bowl and add the salt.
2. Cut the butter in tiny cubes. Incorporate the butter to the flour with your finger tips ( You could use a pastry blender but you'd loose all the fun of making your own "pâte brisée" )..;p
3. Push the flour and butter mix on the sides of the bowl, digging a hole in the center.
4. Break the egg and pour it in the hole in middle of the bowl. Beat it a little with a fork then use a wooden spoon to incorporate the flour little by little. Add the crème fraîche or sour cream and mix again until the dough is homogeneous (sebati)
(Alternatively, or if the dough is still dry, pour a few drops of water and knead.) Use your hands to knead the dough and form two balls of the same size.
5. Place the balls of dough in plastic wraps and let them rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour before using or freezing.
6. Let the dough warm up a little before rolling it out..
kalau nak lebih senang..
1. take your car out for a drive and head to GEM (Great Eastern Mall).
go to Cold Storage Supermarket ...pegi kat frozen section and look for frozen pastry for quiche and pie...hehehe
Now for the filling - custard mix + spinach or your choice of veggie or meat.
If you use fresh spinach , sautéed in butter for 2-3 minutes .
Bring 2 cups of evaporated milk to a boil then slowly pour over 3 beaten eggs, stirring constantly.
Add the nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Then follow these steps :
- Roll out the crust and line a 10" tart pan (butter the pan or use baking paper). Use a fork to make a few holes in the shell to prevent it from "ballooning" while baking.
- Place the veggies or meat at the bottom of the pie shell and spread evenly.
- Pour the custard mix over the veggies or meat.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese. - cheddar cheese about 2 cups or more.
- Bake 30 to 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C).
Jangan lupa jemput sifu datang makan quiche....;p
p.s* vital ingedients:
love and affections ,..masak dgn kasih sayang pasti sedap...